View all facilities
St. Joseph Park
- Seating Areas
St. Joseph Park was acquired through the Park Land Dedication Ordinance in 2004. The park is named after the former St. Joseph Church built in 1878 on the corner of Willow Avenue and Lafayette Street. When the former church was redeveloped into residences, the neighbors saw an opportunity for a park in their area and came together, created a concept design and presented it to park staff.
Neighbors of the park raised over $10,000 to go toward to park construction by coordinating a brick drive and neighborhood yard sale. Some of the children even ran a lemonade stand to raise funds. This park is another shining example of how residents and the City can work together to create public spaces and community!