What is the density cap for Type 2 STRs?

A maximum of 475 Type 2 STR business licenses are permitted to be issued city-wide, per Ordinance 6672. A conditional use permit may not permit:

(a) More Type 2 short-term rentals than what is allowed by the city-wide density cap.

(b) More than 10% or a single unit whichever is greater; of total dwelling units as Type 2 rentals within a multi-family dwelling complex.

(c) Individual 2-, 3- and 4-family buildings that are owned by the same person or entity and are not a part of a multi-family complex shall have no more than one (1) Type 2 short-term rental unit per building complex.

(d) Where attached residential units are held separately through condominium association, horizontal property regime, fee simple, or similar ownership structure, no cap shall be applied to buildings with attached residential dwellings. Structures of attached residential dwellings where applicants seek more than 10% of total units for licensing as Type 2 rentals shall be evaluated by the Building Safety Director and/or Fire Marshal for adequate fire protection as defined by the adopted Arkansas Fire Prevention Code. Where inadequate fire protection is identified, improvements may be required prior to issuance of a business license.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to apply for my Short-Term Rental (STR) business license?
2. How much does an STR business license cost?
3. What to expect after applying.
4. Which residential zoning districts require a conditional use permit?
5. Could my CUP application for a Type 2 STR be denied?
6. What is the density cap for Type 2 STRs?
7. What are the requirements for operating an STR?