I need a restraining order. How do I get one?
A restraining order is called a Protective Order in Arkansas. You may be eligible for an Order of Protection if you believe you are in immediate danger of physical violence from a current or former household member.

To file a petition for Order Of Protection you will need to go to the Washington County Circuit Clerk's Office at 280 North College, Suite #302, Fayetteville, Arkansas. You are required to have your offender's correct date of birth to ensure proper service and enforcement. You will also be required to provide the Sheriff's Department with an address where your offender can be served. Deputies will not search for your offender beyond what information you provide.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Fayetteville City Prosecutor's Office?
2. What does the Prosecutor's Office do?
3. What is the difference between the Washington County Prosecutor and the Fayetteville City Prosecutor?
4. I have been the victim of a crime, how can the Fayetteville Prosecutor's Office help me?
5. I am the victim of a battery (domestic abuse) and my spouse / boyfriend / girlfriend has been arrested. What can I expect?
6. I need a restraining order. How do I get one?
7. I have a court date with the prosecutor what can I expect?
8. Can I drop charges in a case for which I was the victim?
9. What is a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) and a DUI (Driving Under the Influence)?
10. How can I get my police report if I have a court date?