What types of transportation related permits does the City require?

The City of Fayetteville requires various permitting for the following: 

  • taxicab
  • limousine
  • non-motorized passenger transport vehicle
  • rental car service

The City requires taxicab, limousine, and non-motorized passenger companies to obtain a company permit approved by the City Council known as the Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity. Applicants must apply through the Police Department and be presented on application to the City Council. Once that certificate is approved by the City Council, additional permits are then required through the Police Department, and these vary depending on Certificate Type. You can contact the Police Department at 479-575-8355 to begin the permitting process.

Rental car service permits are remitted to the Accounting Division. You may contact Accounting at 479-575-8287 to request a form or fill one out online. View the Rental Car Service Privilege Permit form.

Show All Answers

1. What is the sales tax rate for the City of Fayetteville?
2. What is the Hotel/Motel/Restaurant (HMR) Tax?
3. Are Short-Term Rental (STR) businesses required to remit the HMR tax?
4. What about platforms that collect/remit taxes on behalf of STR businesses?
5. What is the Supplemental Beverage (SB) Tax?
6. Does the City of Fayetteville require a business license?
7. How can I pay my Accounts Receivable invoice?
8. Can I pay Hotel/Motel/Restaurant (HMR) or Supplemental Beverage (SB) taxes online?
9. What types of transportation related permits does the City require?
10. How do I obtain the City of Fayetteville Financial Reports?
11. What are the Accounting Division's operating hours?