FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 6, 2018 Contact:
Community Resources Director
City’s Community Resources Division Invites All to
the Eleventh Annual CDBG in the Park
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Come celebrate with us! The City of Fayetteville’s Community Resources Division invites all to the eleventh annual CDBG in the Park
next Friday, July 13 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in south Fayetteville at Walker Park’s large pavilion. Community Resources staff will be serving up hot dogs, cool drinks, and family-friendly fun. Ice cream treats and snacks will be provided by Hiland Dairy and Little Debbie. Everyone is invited to this FREE event, including well-behaved pets!
The annual community picnic celebrates CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) investments in Fayetteville. Local organizations will be at the park to provide information about the services they offer.
- 7hills Homeless Center
- Artist’s Laboratory Theatre
- Bike NWA
- Boston Mountain Solid Waste District
- (Court Appointed Special Advocates) CASA of Northwest Arkansas
- (Economic Opportunity Agency) EOA Head Start
- Fayetteville Public Library
- Legal Aid of Arkansas
- Northwest Arkansas Tobacco Coalition
- Ozark Guidance
- Woodland Research Northwest
Additional City of Fayetteville staff will be at the picnic and invites residents to learn more about various initiatives happening now.
- City Plan 2040: City-wide plan about future development led by Fayetteville’s Planning Division
- Imagine Tomorrow’s Parks: Fayetteville Parks and Recreation Department’s long-range strategic plan
- Waste not. Use less.: Current education campaign led by Recycling and Trash Collection Division to achieve 40% waste diversion by 2027
For information about CDBG in the Park
or any CDBG program, please call the Community Resources Division at 479-575-8260 or visit the City’s website here
to learn more about the Community Resources Division.