FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 22, 2017 Contact:
Arkansas Municipal League Elects Mayor Jordan and Other Officers
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Fayetteville Mayor Lioneld Jordan was elected to serve as 2017-2017 District 3 vice president by members of the Arkansas Municipal League. Mayor Jordan has served on the Executive Committee from 2015-2017 and on the Public Safety Advisory Council from 2012-2014.
More than 1,300 city and town leaders from across Arkansas attended the 83rd Convention last week in Little Rock, where they adopted the League’s agenda for the upcoming year. Other officers elected for 2017-2018 include:
- Springdale Mayor Doug Sprouse as president
- North Little Rock Mayor Joe Smith as first vice president
- Mountain Home Mayor Joe Dillard as District 1 vice president
- North Little Rock Alderman Debi Ross as District 2 vice president
- Lamar Mayor Jerry Boen as District 4 vice president
The Arkansas Municipal League
is a service and advocacy organization for the municipalities of Arkansas. The League offers its programs and services to all 500 cities and towns in the state and was created in 1934 to assist cities with information and representation in the public affairs of our state and nation.