FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 15, 2017 Contact:
Fayetteville Fire Marshal's Office
Notification of Fireworks Displays and Sounds at
Razorback SEC Baseball Games
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The Fayetteville Fire Marshal’s Office and the State Fire Marshal have approved a fireworks permit for the discharge of fireworks at all University of Arkansas SEC Razorback baseball games for 2017. The University published the season schedule here
. The dates and approximate start times of games are:
- Friday, March 17 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18 at 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 7 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 8 at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13 at 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 14 at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 27 at 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 28 at 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 12 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13 at 5:30 p.m.
Technicians will be discharging fireworks (behind the scoreboard) consisting of both flashes and concussion effects (boom sound) during SEC Razorback baseball games. Fireworks will be discharged:
- at the beginning of the event, when the Razorbacks run onto the field
- during the national anthem
- at the start of the game
- during the 7th inning stretch / Calling the Hogs
- whenever a home run is hit
- after a Razorback game win
The City of Fayetteville now publishes a media release regarding approved firework displays so that citizens can make accommodations for individuals and animals affected by displays. To sign up to receive notifications from the City, please visit this webpage