For Immediate Release
April 1, 2016
Contact: John Scott
Parks and Recreation Department
Street Tree Planting to Take Place This Spring
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The City of Fayetteville’s Urban Forestry Division has contracted the replacement of 39 street trees throughout Fayetteville. Work begins in April and will be complete in May. Sharum’s Nursery was awarded the contract with the lowest bid and will work closely with the Urban Forester to locate the trees in the following areas:
• Crescent Lake Subdivision
• Salem Meadows Subdivision
• E. Sterling Court
• E. Joyce Boulevard near Vantage Drive and Rainforest Road
• W. Mount Comfort Road between N. Salem Road and Alpine Avenue
• W. Persimmon Street and N. 46th Avenue area
• W. Persimmon Street off S. Double Springs Road
The tree species to be planted are Oklahoma Redbud, Tulip Poplar, Bur Oak, Swamp White Oak, Frontier Elm, and Princeton Elm. The City of Fayetteville continues to beautify our City streets and contribute to a healthy urban environment through street trees. To learn more about Urban Forestry, including resources on how to plant trees, visit this City webpage.
Please use caution in these areas when work crews are visible. For more information, please contact the City’s Urban Forester, John Scott, by telephone 479-444-3470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.