FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 5, 2015
Contact: Joey Smith
Asst. Transportation Manager
Transportation Services Division
Roadways to Receive Microsealing Treatment in Rolling Hills Drive/Harold Street Area and Fieldstone Neighborhood
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Several roadways are scheduled to be microsealed this week beginning Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015; the work is estimated to take approximately three days. Please note that rain could delay work and extend the overall construction time of this project. Microsealing is a cost-effective asphalt treatment process that adds longevity to the existing roadway. The treatment cures quickly and in a matter of hours, the roadway is ready for traffic.
• Sheryl Avenue (between E. Oaks Manor Drive and E. Harold Street)
• E. Harold Street (between N. College Avenue and Loxley Avenue)
• Stubblefield Road (between E. Harold Street and Old Missouri Road)
• Boxley Avenue (between E. Dover St. and Boxley Avenue cul-de-sac)
• Fieldstone Avenue (between W. Wedington Drive and Genoa Avenue)
• Desarc Way (between W. Dover Street and Boxley Avenue)
• Genoa Avenue (between W. Dover Street and Prescott Street)
• Prescott Street (between Genoa Avenue and Caddo Avenue)
• Caddo Avenue (between Prescott Street and Genoa Avenue)
• Ponca Street (between Boxley Avenue and 51st Street)
Thru traffic will be detoured to alternate routes and detour signs will be in place. Residents will be allowed access to their homes at all times but should expect some delays. Please use extreme caution when in the work area and watch for personnel and equipment.
On the behalf of the City of Fayetteville, we would like to express our appreciation in advance for your cooperation and understanding as we perform our work in this area. We regret the inconvenience this may cause; however, this will allow needed improvements to be made.
Donaldson Construction is performing the work on behalf of the City. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact Donaldson Construction by telephone at (417) 838-5450.