March 22, 2022
Contact: Kristina Jones
Volunteer and Community Programs Coordinator
Parks, Natural Resources and Cultural Affairs Department
Annual spring cleanups, outdoor volunteer opportunities to be held in April
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The City of Fayetteville invites you to celebrate the outdoors by participating in two annual springtime acts of stewardship, the Lake Fayetteville Cleanup on Saturday, April 16, and Earth Day Cleanup and Celebration on Saturday, April 23.
For both volunteer events, the City is collaborating with local organizations whose mission is to educate the Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas community about the environment and ensure the Ozark Mountains are kept clean and healthy.
The Earth Day Cleanup and Celebration will kick off with an Earth Day Proclamation by Fayetteville Mayor Lioneld Jordan.
Details for both events are listed below. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 479-444-3467. A calendar of City of Fayetteville events with volunteer opportunities can be found at https://www.fayetteville-ar.gov/volunteercalendar. (More events will be added throughout April.)
Lake Fayetteville Cleanup (in conjunction with the Illinois River Cleanup)
Saturday, April 16, 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Citywide Earth Day Cleanups
Saturday, April 23, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Citywide cleanup check-in: Marion Orton Recycling Center, 755 W. North St. (Creek cleanups have different check-in locations and require different gear; see sign-up info below.)
- Focus: Volunteers will head to cleanup destinations across city, including streams, streets, parks, trails and lakes. Snacks, T-shirts and supplies will be provided.
- Citywide cleanup sign-up: email@example.com, 479-444-3467
- Hamestring Creek sign-up: firstname.lastname@example.org, 479-422-5676
- Town Branch Creek sign-up: email@example.com.