FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 13, 2020
Contact: Dr. Marti Sharkey
City Health Officer
Updated Guidelines Issued by Board of Health, City Health Officer
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.— Currently, our nation, our state, and our city are witnessing staggering increases in the number of Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Currently, our local healthcare capacity is strained. We all must do what we can to mitigate the spread of this deadly virus as we head into the winter months. To that end, the Fayetteville Board of Health is making the following recommendations:
- Limit all gatherings to no more than 10 people from no more than two households. This includes gatherings within homes.
- Wear a mask not only when you are out in public but also when at gatherings in homes. Also, continue to practice social distancing in these circumstances as well.
- Whenever possible, socialize outdoors. Even outdoors, continue to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene.
- The above guidelines apply to all circumstances, including the upcoming holidays.
Please check the City’s www.fayetteville-ar.gov/covid19 webpage to keep up to date on information for Fayetteville residents and businesses, including links to state- and city-level COVID-19 numbers, Arkansas Department of Health directives and helpful resources during the pandemic.