FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 20, 2020
Contact: Kristina Jones
Volunteer and Community Programs Coordinator
Parks & Recreation
Fayetteville Hosts “Cleanup & Carryout” Events for Free Local Takeout
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The City of Fayetteville is inviting the public to help clean up litter in City parks and along City trails from August 24 through October 19 for a chance to win one of four $25 meal vouchers from locally owned restaurants!
“Cleanup & Carryout” is a family-friendly volunteering event that encourages residents to explore Fayetteville’s parks and trail system while cleaning up litter and supporting locally owned restaurants. Beginning August 24, the City will hold a drawing every two weeks for a $25 meal voucher from a locally owned restaurant, starting with the Farmer’s Table Café for the first two-week contest. People who have participated in a park or trail cleanup in those two weeks will be entered to win.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to a Fayetteville park or trail and spend a minimum of 30 minutes picking up litter.
- Take a selfie or group pic with the trash haul once you are done.
- Post the picture to Instagram or Facebook using the hashtags #keepfayettevillebeautiful and #recyclesomething and tag @fayettevilleparksandrec. (Those without a social media account may skip this step.)
- Send the picture, phone number, and contact’s name or group’s name to email@example.com before 8:00 a.m. on the drawing day to be entered into the current drawing. Drawing dates will be September 7 and 21, October 5 and 19, 2020.
- The contest kicks off at noon on Monday, August 24, and each contest will run for two weeks. The restaurant for the upcoming contest and the name of the last round’s winner will be announced on the Fayetteville Parks and Recreation Facebook and Instagram accounts (@fayettevilleparksandrec) every other Monday at noon. (Winners will also be notified via email.)
- Participants may only win one time and may not be City of Fayetteville employees or family members of City of Fayetteville employees.
- Vouchers will be purchased from a selection of local restaurants and will be mailed to the winner.
Information about the contest is available at www.fayetteville-ar.gov/cleanupcarryout. If you have further questions please contact Kristina Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org.