FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 21, 2018
Contact: Byron Humphry
Parks Maintenance Superintendent
Parks and Recreation Department
Lake Fayettevile and Lake Sequoyah Closed for Winter Break
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The marinas, vessel launches, and boat stalls of Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah are closed for an annual winter break from sunset on Sunday, December 23 through Monday, January 14. Both lake facilities will reopen at sunrise on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
The City of Fayetteville’s three lakes are open from sunrise to sunset. City permits are required for Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah; permits can be purchased at the marina/lake office prior to accessing the lake. City permits are not required for Lake Wilson. All City lakes are “no wake.”
Boating: A boating permit for each boat must be purchased before its use on Lake Fayetteville or Lake Sequoyah. All state laws governing boats apply.
Fishing: All fishing shall be done only from the bank or boat. No wading, swimming, or belly boats shall be permitted in any City lakes. All Arkansas Game and Fish regulations apply and licenses are required.
- Annual Boating and Fishing permit
- Over 65 and Veterans - $40.00
- Ages 16-64 - $50.00
- Annual Fishing/Use permit
- Over 65 and Veterans - $20.00
- Ages 16-64 - $30.00
- Daily Fishing/Use permit
- Over 65 and Veterans - $2.00
- Ages 16-64 - $3.00
- Under 16 (with permitted adult) - Free
- Annual Non-motorized Boating permit (canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, inflatables, sailboats) - $20.00/per patron, nontransferable
- Daily Non-motorized Boating permit (canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, inflatables, sailboats) - $ 3.00/per patron, nontransferable
- Annual Boat Docking permit (Boat stalls are currently available to rent on a first come, first served basis at Lake Fayetteville.) Annual boat stall rental rates are as follows:
- City of Fayetteville resident – $250.00
- Non City of Fayetteville resident - $325. 00
For more information regarding boating and fishing permits, call the Lake Fayetteville marina at 479-444-3476 or the Lake Sequoyah marina at 479-444-3475.