FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 15, 2018
Contact: Brian Sloat
Fayetteville Fire Marshals Office
Notification of Fireworks Displays and Sounds at 2018 Razorback Baseball Games
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The Fayetteville Fire Marshal’s Office and the State Fire Marshal have approved a fireworks permit for the discharge of fireworks at several of the University of Arkansas 2018 season Razorback baseball games. The dates and approximate start times of games are:
- Friday, March 16 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 6 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 7 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 12 at 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 27 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 28 at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 12 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Technicians will be discharging fireworks (behind the scoreboard) consisting of both flashes and concussion effects (boom sound) during SEC Razorback baseball games. Fireworks will be discharged:
- at the beginning of the event, when the Razorbacks run onto the field
- during the national anthem
- at the start of the game
- during the 7th inning stretch / Calling the Hogs
- whenever a home run is hit
- after a Razorback game win
The City of Fayetteville now publishes a media release regarding approved firework displays so that citizens can make accommodations for individuals and animals affected by displays. To sign up to receive notifications from the City, please visit this webpage.