April 15, 2023
This is a drop-in event. Volunteers are welcome to stop by either check-in location any time between 9:30 and 11:00.
Lake Fayetteville Environmental Study Center
511 E Lakeview Dr
Springdale, AR 72764
2023 Lake Fayetteville Spring Cleanup
Saturday, April 15, 2023
Make a difference in the Lake Fayetteville Watershed by helping tackle litter around the park!
The Lake Fayetteville Watershed Partnership and City of Fayetteville team up twice a year to give Lake Fayetteville some TLC and are asking for your help! Lake Fayetteville is a popular destination, and volunteers can help take care of this well-loved spot by lending a hand to clean up litter around the lake's trails, streets, and park lands. Special emphasis will be given to the lake waters and shorelines to collect trash that has already entered the waterway.
Different ways you can plug in and help make this event a success:
- Wear rain boots, muck boots, or hip waders to help clean along the muddy banks where trash is hard to reach;
- RSVP to bring a canoe/kayak and paddle the shores;
- Show up! Bring yourself, some friends, or family, and take a short hike to one of the litter "hot-spots" found throughout the park;
- Volunteer as a group. Let us know how many people from your organization or business would like to attend, and we can prearrange a cleanup area for you and have your supplies packed and ready to go when you arrive!
- Assist with event recycling or breakdown.
Check-in Locations: Upon arrival, volunteers will receive supplies, instruction, and a cleanup destination.
- Lake Fayetteville Environmental Study Center:
511 E. Lakeview Drive, Springdale, AR. 72764, Parking here is tight; please carpool if arriving as a large group, or check in at the marina.
- Lake Fayetteville Marina:
1330 Lake Fayetteville Road, Fayetteville, AR. 72764.
Supplies and Snacks: Cleanup supplies and light snacks will be provided; please wear closed-toe, ankle supportive footwear and remember to bring a refillable water bottle.
Weather: The cleanup will still happen with light rain, but start-time may be delayed in the case of thunder or lightning. If heavy rains are scheduled to persist, the event will be postponed or canceled and updates posted on the City of Fayetteville Facebook page.
Thank you collaborators and sponsors! Lake Fayetteville Watershed Partnership, Illinois River Watershed Partnership, Boston Mountain Solid Waste, Keep Arkansas Beautiful, Keep Fayetteville Beautiful.