Curbside Recycling Resumes June 22
The City of Fayetteville’s Recycling and Trash Collection Division will resume its curbside recycling program on June 22.
Residents may continue to use drop-off recycling locations after curbside recycling resumes. The City always has two permanent recycling drop off facilities available for residents to use, and additional temporary drop-off sites will remain available until Monday, June 29.
Existing Locations (DIY, sort yourself):
- Happy Hollow Recycling Drop-Off, located at 1420 S. Happy Hollow Road (open 24 hours per day, all year long)
- Marion Orton Recycling and Residential Compost Drop-Off, located at 735 W. North Street (temporarily open 24 hours per day)
Temporary Locations (DIY, sort yourself):
- Boys and Girls Club, located at 560 N. Rupple Road
- Gary Hampton Field, located at 2790 N. Salem Road
- Northwest Arkansas Mall (southwest corner parking lot - near JCPenny), located at 4201 N. Shiloh Dr.
Bin Information: How to sort your items and where to place your bin
- Customers are supplied with up to two bins free of charge. To purchase more bins, contact the office at 479-575-8398.
- Place all containers (plastic bottles #1 and #2, glass bottles, steel and aluminum cans) in one bin and all paper (mixed paper, newspaper, cardboard, and paperboard) in the other.
- Flatten all boxes and place large cardboard pieces underneath your bins when you set them out.
- Stack newspapers on top of mixed papers for easy sorting by our drivers. Newspaper and mixed paper may be separated in a reusable bag available at the Recycling and Trash Collection Division.
- Labels and caps do not have to be removed from recyclables.
- Do not place needles, tobacco products, diapers, broken glass, or other trash in with your recyclable materials.
- Remove all liquid, food residue, and plastic linings from containers.
- Place your recycling bin at the curb by 5 a.m. or the night before your collection day.
- Place your recycling bin within 6 feet of the roadway, and at least 3 feet from your trash cart.
- If a street has a sidewalk adjacent to the curb, place bins at the back of the sidewalk to avoid impending access on the sidewalk.
- During inclement weather, place your paper and paperboard recycling in a bin with the lid securely fastened to keep material dry.