Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council
The Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council was created by Ordinance 6694 approved on October 17, 2023 to enact Article XXVI Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council in Chapter 33.
The Purpose of the Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council is to advise and make appropriate recommendations to the City Council regarding issues of special interest to youths within the City. The Fayetteville Youth Council shall have the duties and responsibilities to:
- Evaluate and review problems facing youth in the city.
- Facilitate neighborhood meetings with youth to discuss problems, needs and suggested improvements for our community.
- Meet regularly with the Mayor's representative and the appointed City Council member to share ideas and discuss issues, concerns and needed improvements.
- Attend, if desired, City Council meetings and participate in vision and goal sessions.
- Present recommendations to the City Council and Mayor on important public projects and programs affecting the youth of Fayetteville.
- Assist in planning youth/recreation activities.
- Evaluate and advise the City Council and Mayor on issues forwarded to the Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council for advice.
Terms shall be staggered for the initial members appointed to the Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council and those initial terms shall end on either March 31, 2025 or March 31, 2026. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment so that the new member's term begins on April 1 of each year.
The Fayetteville Youth Advisory Council shall consist of eight members who are residents of the City of Fayetteville and are actively enrolled in a public or private high school in grades nine through twelve. One member shall be a City Council member appointed by the Mayor.
The members shall be appointed by the City Council and each member appointed shall serve a term of two years, unless grade twelve is completed during the term, at which time the position shall be declared vacant.
A weekly meetings list is prepared by the Office of the City Clerk Treasurer; it is distributed to the press and posted on the home page.
Date: TBD (Monthly)
City Council Representative
- D'Andre Jones
Resident Representatives (Students 9-12 Grade)