Shuttered Venue Operators Grants
April 23, 2021 Update
The Shuttered Venue Operator Grants Program will reopen on April 26, 2021, at 11:00AM CST
The SBA announced that the Shuttered Venue Operator Grants program will reopen Monday at 11:00AM. The SBA released a press release outlining five steps applicants should take to get prepared today:
- Register on the portal in advance. Applicants will need a smartphone and a multi-factor authenticator app to register and apply: click here to register now.
- Review the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Frequently Asked Questions: click here to view SVOG FAQs.
- Review the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Applicant User Guide: click here for the applicant user guide.
- Prepare required documentation, per the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Application checklist: click here for the checklist.
April 12, 2021 Update:
SBA's Shuttered Venue Operator Grant applications closed due to a technical error with the website
The Shuttered Venue Operator Grant Program has been closed due to a technical error with the website. The SBA is expected to reopen the application portal the week of April 18, 2021. Applicants may continue to register for an application portal account by clicking here.
Shuttered Venue Operator Grants
THE SHUTTERED VENUE OPERATOR GRANTS PROGRAM WILL BEGIN ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ON APRIL 8, 2021. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE APPLICATION PORTAL.
Originally part of the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, which was signed into law on December 27, 2020, this program is currently slated to open in early April and received an additional two billion in funding from the American Rescue Plan. The program was crafted for live venue operators, theatrical producers, live performing arts organizations, museum operators, and motion picture theater operators.
Guidance and preparing to apply
The SBA is hosting an informational webinar that will cover key information about the SVOG program such as documentation, eligibility, SAM registration. The webinar will be held on March 30, 2021 from 1:30-3:00 PM CDT. Click here to register for the event.
Beyond the requirement that applicants need to be a performing arts organization, venues must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020. The venue or promoter must not have applied for or received a Paycheck Protection Program loan on or after December 27, 2020.
Cross Program Eligibility on SBA COVID-19 Relief Options
The SBA has developed a summary of criteria that must be met when considering different funding options. Within this guidance, the SBA specifically addresses application eligibility for venues that have received other COVID-19 emergency funds such as PPP and EIDL.
Priority Application Periods
The Shuttered Venue Grant program will have prioritization periods for applications. More information on this can be found on the Shuttered Venue Grants home page and is outlined below.
First Priority (First 14 days of grant awards)
Entities that suffered a 90% or greater revenue loss between April 2020 and December 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Second Priority (Next 14 days of grant awards)
Entities that suffered a 70% or greater revenue loss between April 2020 and December 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Third Priority (Beginning 28 days after First and Second Priority Awards are made)
Entities that suffered a 25% or greater earned revenue loss between one quarter of 2019 and the corresponding quarter of 2020.
Supplemental Funding (Available after all Priority Periods have passed)
Recipients of First, Second, and Third Priority round awards who suffered a 70% or greater revenue loss for the most recent calendar quarter (as of 4-01-21 or later).
Allowable use of the funds
Shuttered Venue Grant Resources
- Shuttered Venue Grant Application Page
- Shuttered Venue Grant video tutorials
- Shuttered Venue Grant SBA Homepage
- Signup for email alerts from the SBA on the Shuttered Venue Grant program
- Shuttered Venue Grants FAQ from SBA updated on March 12, 2021
- SVOG Eligibility Requirements detailed guidance
- Preliminary Application Checklist updated on March 11, 2021
- Cross Program Eligibility on SBA COVID-19 Relief Options (SVOG)
- Have questions about the program? Click here to email SBA directly about the program
- Startup Junkie Consulting- Shuttered Venue Operator Grant Information