Community Development and Assistance Programs Advisory Board
The Community Development and Assistance Programs Advisory Board was created by Ordinance 6391 on December 1, 2020.
The purpose of the Community Development and Assistance Programs Advisory Board is to Promote community involvement in the prioritization of community development initiatives; improve community awareness of the community development and public assistance programs provided by the City of Fayetteville and advise the Community Resources Division and the City Council on the proposed use of Community Development Block Grant and other grant funds.
The Community Development and Assistance Programs Advisory Board shall:
- Make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council regarding the priorities of the city's efforts to serve low- and moderate-income residents;
- Participate in the development of the Community Development Block Grant 5-year Plans, or intermediate amendments, for adoption by the City Council;
- Provide a venue for Housing and Urban Development-mandated public hearings and to review comments received during HUD-mandated public comment periods;
- Receive Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reports;
- Analyze requests for funds in relation to the needs of the community and the amount of funds available and make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council as to which programs should be funded and at which levels in any given year;
- Promote public awareness of funding opportunities and processes through proactive community outreach efforts;
- Identify additional revenue sources including, but not limited to state and federal grants, non-profit grants, or community partnerships.
The Board may adopt such rules of order and procedure as are necessary to carry out its duties.
Board members with a direct or indirect financial interest in any eligible agency shall recuse themselves from discussion and voting on subgrant awards for which their agency has applied.
View previous meeting videos by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to "Government Meeting Archives": Meeting Videos
Members shall serve three-year staggered terms ending on December 31st.
The board shall consist of seven voting members as follows:
- One member involved in housing services.
- One member involved in homelessness services.
- One member involved with community food systems
- One member representing local small business.
- Two members shall be residents at large.
- One voting member shall be a staff member appointed by the Mayor.
Appointments should be made with consideration of appropriate demographic representation of the residents of Fayetteville, and to encourage the participation of low- to moderate- income residents served by the relevant programs.
The members appointed by the City Council shall serve for a term of three years ending on December 31. Appointments shall be staggered.
Additional non-voting staff members or organizational advisors may be designated by the Mayor or invited by the committee to assist the board in the conduct of its business.
A weekly meetings list is prepared by the Office of the City Clerk Treasurer which is distributed to the press and posted on the City’s calendar.
Time: 5:30 PM
Dates: 4th Wednesday of each month
Method: Hybrid Meetings
Resident at Large
- Vice Chair
Community Food Systems
- Jacob Davies
Local Small Business
- Gladys Tiffany
- Vincent Waide
- Mark Plassmeyer
Resident at Large
- Tim Shepard
Staff Member Appointed by the Mayor