- Public Works Department
New Development, Licensing, and Permitting System and Online Portal Now in Operation
The City of Fayetteville has implemented a new web-based system called EnerGov™ to handle applications and payments for Planning, Engineering, Building Safety, Business Licensing, Alcoholic Beverage, and HMR/Supplemental Beverage. Please click here for more information about this transition. Click on the above button to go directly to the Citizen Self-Service Portal (CSS).
Engineering staff provides technical review and support for all private development within the City of Fayetteville. The technical review includes reviews for compliance with the City’s water, sanitary sewer, street design, grading, and stormwater runoff standards and ordinances. This program includes support of the Planning Department and Planning Commission at the development review meetings.
Engineering Division staff regularly coordinate and collaborate with the Development Services Department during development review.
The Engineering Division
- Provides design and project management for city infrastructure projects.
- Reviews development proposals for compliance with city criteria such as water, sewer, streets, drainage, grading and other technical requirements.
- Manages the planning, design, and permitting of trails projects and oversees construction of trails by the Transportation Division or private contractors.
- Assists in the acquisition and sale of city property, right of way, easements, etc.
- Manages miscellaneous stormwater and water quality initiatives.
- Is responsible for ensuring compliance with
- The City's NPDES Stormwater Permit issued through the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality.
- The City's floodplain regulations.