Until further notice, Engineering will be closed to the public
due to COVID-19. We are still operational.
You can reach us at 479.575.8206.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your
flexibility and cooperation during this time.
New Development, Licensing and Permitting System Now in Operation
On July 13, the City of Fayetteville implemented a new web-based system called EnerGov™ to handle applications and payments for Planning, Engineering, Building Safety, Business Licensing, Alcoholic Beverage and HMR/Supplemental Beverage. For more information about this transition, please click here.
Engineering staff provides technical review and support for all private development within the City of Fayetteville. The technical review includes reviews for compliance with the City’s water, sanitary sewer, street design, grading, and storm water runoff standards and ordinances. This program includes support of the Planning Department and Planning Commission at the development review meetings.
The Engineering Division:
- Provides design and project management for city infrastructure projects.
- Reviews development proposals for compliance with city criteria such as water, sewer, streets, drainage, grading and other technical requirements.
- Manages the planning, design, and permitting of trails projects and oversees construction of trails by the Transportation Division or private contractors.
- Assists in the acquisition and sale of city property, right of way, easements, etc.
- Manages miscellaneous stormwater and water quality initiatives.
- Is responsible for ensuring compliance with