Zoom Meeting Instructions
Note: This information is for those who wish to participate in a public meeting (to make public comments). If you wish only to observe the proceedings, visit our YouTube channel, where meetings are streamed live.
How to Find and Join a Virtual Meeting via Zoom
- Find the meeting in the public meeting calendar
- Copy and Paste the meeting’s Zoom info into your browser
- Complete the Zoom meeting registration - If you want to speak at the meeting, include what item you’d like to speak about when you register (not available for all meetings)
- Watch for an email confirmation with Zoom web login OR phone dial-in details
- Use the "raise your hand" feature in Zoom to speak when public comment is allowed
Receive Public Meeting Notifications
Get advance notice of all public meetings by subscribing to the City Clerk’s Public Meetings Calendar. The City Clerk publishes each week's scheduled public meetings on the Friday previous.
Zoom Meeting Directions
- To register for the meeting, click on the Zoom meeting link in the Public Meeting calendar listing for the meeting you wish to attend.
- When prompted, enter the Meeting ID number as provided in the Public Meeting calendar info.
- Use your full name as screen name
- All participants will be muted automatically when joining the meeting. Remember to un-mute your microphone before speaking.
To join by phone only, toll-free, dial: +1 (877) 853-5257 or +1 (888) 475-4499
When prompted, key in your Meeting ID number. If you do not have a Participant Number: press #
Phone numbers used to dial in to meeting will be masked for privacy
- Use “Raise hand” function when comment for an item is requested
- For phone, raise hand to be recognized with *9
Zoom Tutorial Video
Watch tutorial videos on Zoom's Support page.