Outdoor Refreshment Area (O.R.A.)
- Find participating businesses by visiting the Outdoor Refreshment Area Interactive Map
- View of list of participating businesses where you can find ORA cups and wristbands
Past City Council Actions:
- Fayetteville City Council extends the Outdoor Refreshment Area until April 30, 2024
- Adjustment to Pilot Program Boundary to accommodate a new restaurant- 11.23.2020
- Businesses wishing to sell ORA hot cups, click here to review a memo from City Staff
- The Fayetteville City Council designated its first Entertainment District pursuant to Act 812 on June 4, 2020.
The Outdoor Refreshment Area Open Consumption District opened on July 22nd at 10AM.
Fayetteville’s Outdoor Refreshment Area enables guests 21 years of age and older to carry and consume alcoholic beverages in designated cups while wearing the official wristband on public sidewalks and participating property within the boundary of the district. The Outdoor Refreshment Area is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Outdoor Refreshment Area Pilot Program
On July 14, 2020 City staff presented the final Open Consumption District to City Council. The Open Consumption District page will be updated with more details on July 15th. The Open Consumption District Pilot Program began on July 22, 2020 and will run seven days a week from 10AM-10PM. The expansion of the dates to seven days a week came at the request of numerous businesses.
The links below provide details and information for both patrons of the Outdoor Refreshment Area and businesses. The documents include rules, FAQs, and other useful information.
I'm a participating ORA Business and need more cups and wristbands
Businesses that need more wristbands can contact Chung Tan with the Department of Economic Vitality at 479.575.8276. Wrist bands are available for pickup Monday-Thursday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Wristbands are not available on Fridays.
Food Loops is now the provider of cold cups for the Outdoor Refreshment Area following Bid 20-68. Businesses that have done business with Food Loops are encouraged to email Food Loops by clicking here. Businesses that have not done business with Food Loops are encouraged to call 479.755.4511 to order cold cups.
City Council adopts ordinance 6322 which designates an "entertainment district" and establishes Fayetteville’s first Outdoor Refreshment Area
On June 4, 2020 the Fayetteville City Council adopted an ordinance which designated an entertainment district pursuant to Act 812. The ordinance also included an emergency clause which enabled the law to take place immediately.