Outdoor Refreshment Area (ORA)
The Outdoor Refreshment Area Open Consumption District
Fayetteville’s Outdoor Refreshment Area enables guests 21 years of age and older to carry and consume alcoholic beverages in designated cups while wearing the official wristband on public sidewalks and participating property within the boundary of the district. The Outdoor Refreshment Area is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Know the Rules
- Patrons must use a designated ORA cup and wristband
- Beverages in ORA cups must be purchased from a participating business.
- ORA cups allowed in public daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Do not take your cup into any other alcohol-serving establishment under any circumstance. Do not take your cup into any other business, without their consent.
- Do not loiter and do not litter. Dispose of your cup in any recycling receptacle.
- Do not give your ORA cup to anyone else, even if they are 21 years of age or older.
- Drink responsibly, support businesses safely and enjoy Downtown Fayetteville.
- If you are possessing and consuming alcohol at a sidewalk café or outdoor area on private property, the alcoholic beverage cannot leave the area.
- All State of Arkansas and City of Fayetteville laws still apply.
- Find participating businesses by visiting the Outdoor Refreshment Area Interactive Map
- View a list of participating businesses where you can find ORA cups and wristbands
- View a map of the Outdoor Refreshment Area
- Outdoor Refreshment Area Information for the General Public
- Outdoor Refreshment Area Guide for Participating Businesses
Where can I buy an ORA cup and wristband?
I'm a participating ORA Business and need more cups and wristbands
Businesses that need more wristbands can contact Chung Tan with the Department of Economic Vitality at 479.-575-8276. Wrist bands are available for pickup Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wristbands are not available on Fridays.
Food Loops is now the provider of cold cups for the Outdoor Refreshment Area following Bid 20-68. Businesses that have done business with Food Loops are encouraged to email Food Loops. Businesses that have not done business with Food Loops are encouraged to call 479-685-6894 to order cold cups.
City Council adopts ordinance 6322 which designates an "entertainment district" and establishes Fayetteville’s first Outdoor Refreshment Area
On June 4, 2020 the Fayetteville City Council adopted an ordinance which designated an entertainment district pursuant to Act 812. The ordinance also included an emergency clause which enabled the law to take place immediately.