VeoRide Bike Share
In an effort to protect our community from COVID-19, VeoRide and Spin Micro Mobility Operators:
- Have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting scooters and bicycles.
- All mechanics and operators in the field are required to wear gloves and wash their hands regularly.
Here Are a Few Steps the Scooter and Bikeshare Riders Can Take to protect themselves:
- Wipe down any shared surface with disinfectant before and after taking a ride
- Wash your hands with soap before and after taking a ride
- Consider wearing gloves as a precaution
In 2018, Fayetteville, in partnership with Veoride, the University of Arkansas, and Experience Fayetteville, introduced the first stationless bike-share program in Northwest Arkansas. The program features a host of regular bikes, as well as electronic "pedal-assist" bikes, that are available all around the city for the public to use.
How to use a VeoBike:
- Download the VeoRide app to your smart phone.
- Use the app to find an available bike near you and reserve it for up to 10 minutes.
- Scan the bike’s QR code or enter its ID to unlock it, and you’re ready to go!
- When you’ve reached your destination, park in any bike rack or designated area (off the street and without blocking sidewalk foot traffic), push the slider on the lock, and you’re done!
VeoRide has a variety of affordable pricing options. Membership plans are available as well as pay-as-you go options. For regular bikes, the pay-as-you ride rate is $.30 to unlock and $.05 per minute. The rate for Ebikes is $1, plus $.10 per minute. To get started, download the VeoRide app or visit the VeoRide Fayetteville website. Users without a smart phone can contact VeoRide to receive an RFID card that can be used to unlock the bikes.
|Membership Type|| Monthly Membership Rate||Annual Membership Rate|
*To qualify for student rate members must have a valid .edu or fayar.net e-mail address
**To qualify for low-income status members must earn no more than 80% of the median household or individual income as applicable and be verified by the City’s program coordinator 479-575-8243
Where to Find VeoRide Bikes
VeoRide manages the redistribution of bikes from low-demand areas back to areas with higher demand for rides. These high-demand areas are key staging locations called “hubs,” where riders can reliably find bikes at any given time. The hubs are located at highpoints on campus and in downtown that also have abundant bike parking and demonstrated high rates of use.
Campus Area Hubs
- Garland Ave. at The University Transit Center bike racks
- Dickson St. and Duncan Ave. at Champions Hall and the Bell Engineering Building
- Campus Walk at Old Main, Discovery Hall and Bell Engineering building racks
- The Student Union at the bike racks in the north plaza
- Maple Street at the School of Law building bike racks
- Garland Avenue Parking Garage at the north plaza bike racks
- Maple Hill and Reid Hall at the central bike racks
Off Campus Hubs
- The Downtown Square
- The Fayetteville Public Library
- The bike-parking corral at the corner of Church Ave. and Center St.
- North St. Trail Crossing at the Marion Orton Recycling Center
Where Can VeoBikes Go?
VeoBikes can be ridden to destinations anywhere in the primary service area. Riders are strongly encouraged to park bikes at a bike rack and to avoid parking bikes in sidewalks, walkways, and trails.