The City of Fayetteville provides residential trash and recycling collection to approximately 21,200 residences.
New residents: Trash service is set up along with your water service. Visit the New Water and Sewer Services page to begin this process.
The city is divided into four sections and routes are collected Monday through Thursday. Route times for collection begin at 5 a.m. for trash, recycling and yard waste collection. Please have your trash, recycling and yard waste out by these times to be collected.
- View our Pay-As-You-Throw brochure (PDF) for details.
- Spanish Pay-As-You-Throw brochure (PDF)
- Find out which day your area is serviced in the Service Day by Area document (PDF)
Very Important! Please read! The City of Fayetteville operates a Pay-As-You-Throw Trash Program for residential customers. With this system, residents are charged based on the size container they select. Please make sure to sign up for the correct size cart for your residence.
Very Important! Please read! With the Pay-As-You-Throw Program, the city charges $7.56 for each additional extra bag of trash. Extra bags of trash can be those on the ground or in the cart with the lid open (even an inch). Each residence receives four (4) free virtual stickers each year to use with the program. These virtual extra bag stickers are shown on the monthly water bill. Bags collected at the curb without stickers will be charged the $7.56 per bag charge on your monthly bill.
Very Important! Please read! All lids on the carts must be closed completely or a $7.56 charge for each visible bag sticking out of the cart will be charged to the resident. It is much cheaper to get the correct sized cart for your residence than it is to be charged for each extra bag placed above the rim of the cart. Please choose your cart size wisely.
In cases of inclement weather please check the website or local paper for schedule changes. For more information on your scheduled trash day, please contact the Recycling and Trash Collection Division.
How to Dispose of Large Bulky Items at Your Home?
There are several options to dispose of large, bulky items from your home:
- Each single family residence is allowed 1 free bulky-waste pickup at their home each year. Visit our Bulky Waste page for more information.
- Ward bulky waste clean ups are held each year. Visit the Bulky Waste page to find out more about how they work and how you can participate.
- The Recycling and Trash Collection Division has a variety of container sizes to help with remodeling and construction disposal projects. Find out more about our Roll Off Program.