Fayetteville Parks, Natural Resources and Cultural Affairs has a wide variety of recreation programs and special events we offer to the citizens of Fayetteville. From youth sports to adult sports and instructional programs to running and biking events, we likely have something for you!
Annual offerings include the Gulley Park Summer Concert Series, Dive-In Movies at Wilson Pool, and the Fayetteville Race Series.
In addition to the programs we offer, several volunteer organizations throughout Fayetteville manage activities in our parks such as youth baseball, sand volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, disc golf, tennis, and rugby. Visit our Park Partners page for more information on these programs and events.
Volunteer or Sponsor
There are many ways to get involved: volunteers are needed on our trails and and at special events. Learn more about volunteer opportunities with Parks, Natural Resources and Cultural Affairs. If you would like to get involved in sponsoring or donating to one of our recreational programs, please contact Tiffany Hoover, Assistant Recreation Superintendent, at 479-444-3463.
Reasons to be Active
- American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children be physically active for at least 60 minutes throughout the day.
- Exposure to nature can reduce stress levels by as much as 28% in children.
- Even a 20 minute walk can help children with ADHD concentrate better.
- Outdoor exercise improves mental and physical well-being more so than indoor activity.
- Children who spend more time outdoors are less likely to be overweight by 27%-47%