Annual Celebration of Trees
2021 Celebration of Trees
Time: 7:00 a.m. until supplies are exhausted
Location: Spring Street Parking Garage
Quantities are limited and trees are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Limit 2 plants per present Fayetteville adult resident. Proof of residency will be required.
Fact sheets about plant characteristics, planting suggestions, and management tips will be available with each tree or shrub.
- Arrowood viburnum – Viburnum dentatum
- Beauty Berry – Callicarpa americana
- Button bush - Cephalanthus occidentalis
- Catalpa – Catalpa bignonioides
- Fringe Tree – Chiananthus virginicus
- Inkberry Holly – Ilex galabra
- Paw Paw – Asimina triloba
- Pecan – Carya illinoinesis
- Shingle Oak – Quercus imbricaria
- Willow Oak – Quercus phellos
Right Tree, Right Place
The Urban Forestry Advisory Board and Urban Forestry staff stress the importance of “Right Tree, Right Place.” Trees can take many years to reach their mature height and spread. It is important for homeowners to take all surroundings into consideration when choosing the location for their new tree. To avoid the need for heavy pruning or removal, consider the mature height of the tree and its proximity to overhead power lines. Residents should always contact Arkansas One Call at 811 or 800-482-8998 before digging. For additional information on this year’s available trees and shrubs, please call the City’s urban foresters at 479-444-3486 or 479-444-3470.