General Park Regulations
- Park hours: Daylight until 11 p.m. with the exception that fishing and boating at Lake Sequoyah, Lake Fayetteville, and Lake Wilson closes at sunset
- Trash must be placed in proper receptacles
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in parks
- No soliciting, vending or peddling
- Motorized vehicles on paved roads only
- Park in designated areas only
- No disfiguration or removal of property
- No fires except in fireplaces or grills
- No hunting
- No overnight camping
- Observe City of Fayetteville noise control regulations
- Leash and clean up after pets
Smoking and Tobacco Use in Parks
- It shall be prohibited for a person to smoke or use tobacco products in any city owned or operated recreational facilities, parks, and trails.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products includes holding a lighted pipe, cigar, or cigarette of any kind, or lighting, or emitting, or exhaling the smoke of, a pipe, cigar, or cigarette of any kind. It also includes the use of all smokeless tobacco and nicotine-containing products (including, but not limited to, chewing tobacco, snuff, dip, and snus), electronic cigarettes, vapor devices, or heated devices.
- Any person who smokes or uses tobacco products in an area where it is prohibited by this section shall be guilty of a violation punishable by a fine not exceeding $50.00 per occurrence.
General Lake Regulations
Fishing and boating permits are required for Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah and should be purchased at the Boat House/Lake Office prior to accessing the lake. There is no permit requirement for Lake Wilson or other Park areas containing fishable waters. All City lakes are No Wake.
A boating permit for each boat must be purchased before its use on Lake Fayetteville or Lake Sequoyah. All state laws governing boats apply.
All fishing shall be done only from the bank or boat. No wading, swimming, or belly boats shall be permitted in all City Lakes. All AG&F regulations apply and licenses are required.
A complete list of fees for Annual and Daily Permits for Lake Recreation can be viewed here.
Hours of Operation
Lake Fayetteville, Lake Sequoyah, and Lake Wilson shall be open to the public throughout the year from sunrise to sunset daily and shall be closed each day from sunset to sunrise. Exceptions include:
- Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah shall be closed Thanksgiving Day and from sunset on December 23rd - January 14th
- The Director of the Parks and Recreation Department is authorized to extend the operating hours of a lake when reasonable and necessary to accommodate a tournament, special event, or seasonal weather conditions