If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally-identifying information, or fill out a form that emails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question. We collect some information that is used for analysis and statistical purposes that help us manage the website, on the phone and on the website.
Information that you provide us when using our interactive forms and functions:
- This information may include such things as name, address, telephone number, and other personal and business data, depending on the particular service you use. We collect only that data necessary to provide the service that you are requesting.
Information that we collect for statistical purposes:
- We automatically collect electronically-generated information about your visit to our site, such as the date, type of browser used, and technical Internet protocol data.
- At any time, while accessing our site(s), any user, while online, may decline participation in any activity that asks for information (i.e. survey, email, or e-commerce). Your choice not to participate will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature on our site(s). You are provided an automatic way to "unsubscribe" to any newsletters, notices, schedules, etc., sent to you automatically by email in our various contact services.
- We do not use "persistent" cookies to collect permanent information. We may use "persistent" cookies (which would reside on the user's computer) to increase the ease of use. Such a cookie might contain the user's ID number, thereby relieving the user of having to always enter the number. Under this circumstance we will only use a "persistent" cookie when you give your permission.
- All governments in Arkansas are subject to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act found at A.C.A. 25-19-101 et seq. This law requires that almost all government records, including electronic data, must be supplied to anyone who requests it. Therefore, most personal information provided to the City of Fayetteville website cannot legally be kept confidential. Additional information about the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act can be accessed here.
Reference in this site to any specific commercial product, process, or service, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by The City of Fayetteville.