- Trash and Recycling
Recycling in Fayetteville
Now Hiring: Join our Recycling Team as a Recycling Route Driver
The City of Fayetteville is working hard to meet an important goal - diverting at least 40% of all waste from the landfill by the year 2027. All residents, businesses and visitors in Fayetteville can help the City achieve this goal by reducing waste, reusing, recycling and composting. The City provides a host of programs and services to help residents recycle, compost and reduce waste.
Why should I Recycle?
First, recycling will save you money. The City has a Pay-As-You-Throw trash program which means that the larger your trash cart, the larger your monthly utility bill. Its free to downsize to a smaller trash cart! Moving from the largest to the smallest trash can will save a family $135 a year. Recycling also helps reduce the tax dollars the City has to spend to put trash into a landfill.
Second, recycling helps make our earth a safe, sustainable and healthy place to live. Recycling cuts down on the new material needed to create products. Recycling reduces the need to expand or build more landfills. Recycling reduces greenhouse gas emissions, both from landfills and from the production and manufacturing of new materials. Recycling is a great way to show your commitment to stewardship, sustainability and care for our earth and for Fayetteville.
How can I recycle?
The City provides a variety of ways for many different members of the Fayetteville community to recycle:
- Curbside Recycling is available for single family homes and small multi-family apartments
- Commercial Recycling is available for businesses and organizations
- Apartment Recycling is available for large multi-family complexes
- Event Recycling is available for all the awesome Fayetteville activities!
- Recycling Drop-Off locations are available for other community members who don't have other ways to access recycling services
What can I recycle?
The City of Fayetteville is committed to only collecting items that can actually be recycled, reused, or composted. We will not accept items into our recycling system that will end up in a landfill. This means that sometimes, items you may have recycled in another community, won't be accepted here. Check out the helpful graphics and guides below to learn what can and can't be recycled in Fayetteville:
- What can I recycle in a curb-side bin?
- What can I recycle at a drop-off center?
- What and where can I compost?
- How do I dispose of yard waste and brush for compost or mulch?
- Where can I recycle hazardous materials, tires, or paint?
Together, we can make a difference in our City by reducing the amount of trash we make, and by reusing and recycling what we can. Let's all do our part to make Fayetteville the most beautiful, sustainable, litter-free place it can be!