FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 19, 2019
FEMA Representatives in Fayetteville Offering Free Mitigation Information
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.— Mitigation advisers with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Administration) will be in Fayetteville for the next few days offering free mitigation consultations. Advisors will be on hand to answer questions about rebuilding and protecting homes and businesses from future disaster-related damage. Topics will include flood recovery and flood insurance with most of the information geared toward do-it-yourself work and general contractors. Free publications will be available about mitigation topics such as:
The location, dates, and times are:
- Mold and Mildew
- Emergency Supply Kits,
- What to Do After a Flood
- Above the Flood
- Protecting your Home and Property from Flood Damage
Home Depot (675 E. Joyce Blvd., Fayetteville 72703)
- Wednesday, August 21 from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 24 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday, August 26 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Visit FEMA’s Mitigation Best Practices webpage
to learn what you can do to protect your business or home (renters and property owners).