For Immediate Release
March 30, 2017 Contact:
Assistant Transportation Manager
Second Phase of College Avenue Infrastructure Improvements to Begin
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The second phase of the College Avenue Improvement Project (west side) will begin on Monday, April 3. Construction will take place on weekdays during the work hours of 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will occur in segments beginning at North Street and working south to Maple Street. Construction work will require restricting southbound traffic on N. College Avenue to one lane during work hours. The project is estimated to complete by the end of November 2017.
The first segment of construction will take place on the west side of N. College Avenue between North Street and Cleburn Street. Lane closures will move south as the project progresses and the northern segments are completed.
Motorists should expect traffic delays and may want to use alternate routes. Flaggers may be utilized, as needed, to allow construction vehicles to enter and exit the work area. Please use extreme caution when in the work area and watch for personnel and equipment.
Improvements on the west side of N. College Avenue from North Street to Maple Street include:
- Installation of a 10-foot-wide sidewalk with trees and decorative lighting
- Replacement of curb and gutter, and a reduction in the number and width of driveway curb cuts (where possible)
- Removal and burial of overhead power lines (where feasible)
- Modification of the traffic signals at Maple Street to accommodate pedestrian crossings on four sides
- Modification of the traffic signals at North Street to accommodate pedestrian crossings on three sides
- Installation of a signalized pedestrian crossing in the vicinity of Trenton Boulevard and Rebecca Street
Information about this major infrastructure project
can be found on the City’s website in the Transportation Projects section
of “Your Tax Dollars at Work.”
On the behalf of the City of Fayetteville, we would like to express our appreciation for your cooperation and understanding as we perform our work in this area. For additional information on the project, please contact the City of Fayetteville Transportation Division office at 479-575-8228. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.