For Immediate Release
February 24, 2017
Contact: Joey Smith
Assistant Transportation Manager
Notice of Vegetation Management on City Property
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — In accordance with the City of Fayetteville’s Vegetation Management Policy and Procedures, employees from the Transportation Services Department and Parking Management Division will apply Trimec Encore (MCPA+mecroprop+dicamba), Tordon (Picloran), Roundup (glyphosate), Poast (sethoxydim), Manage (halosulfuron), and Barricade (prodiamine) to City properties as needed during the period of Feb. 27 through Sept. 30, 2017 for weed control on property perimeters, along fence rows, and to inaccessible areas.
The properties scheduled to receive product applications are Drake Field Municipal Airport, Fleet Operations and Public Works complex, and various greenspace areas along W. Dickson Street and N. College Avenue. Spot-applications will occur in right-of-ways and on City-owned property in the downtown square area, including the following municipal parking lots:
- Lot 1 – north of City Hall between Mountain St. and Center St.
- Lot 5 – on the northwest corner of East Ave. and Meadow St.
- Lot 7 – on the northeast corner of Center St. and Church Ave.
- Lot 12 – on the southwest corner of Church Ave. and Center St.
- Lot 13 – on the southwest corner of East Ave. and Spring St.
- Rock Street Lot – directly south of the Town Center Parking Deck
Prior to the application – signs will be posted to notify the public of application date with trade and common names of herbicides to be applied.