FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 24, 2017
Contact: Les McGaugh
City Seeks Urban Farm Tenants with Community Outreach Strategy
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The City of Fayetteville has issued a Woolsey Urban Farm Tenants Request for Proposals (RFP 17-08) seeking applications from qualified individuals, businesses and/or nonprofit organizations who would like to develop an urban farm on all, or a portion, of a five-acre piece of underutilized City property. The selected proposal will need to demonstrate that the working farm will provide a significant community benefit. Application requirements include:
- Narrative description of proposed agricultural use of property;
- Design drawings of working farm;
- Business plan (including objective, market assessment of community’s unmet need, description of farm management team, and marketing strategy for selling/distribution products);
- Community benefit plan (such as education programming and outreach, mentorship/apprenticeship opportunities, product donation percentages).
The selection committee will evaluate proposals received to recommend a contract to City Council for approval. It is desired that the contract be net neutral to the City and could be renewed for up to a five-year lease on the property. The City reserves the right to negotiate with the highest ranked proposer.
The full RFP document – including submission requirements, contract requirements, evaluation criteria and selection methodology, scope of work and project conditions, history of the Woolsey Farm, and anticipated RFP timeline – can be found in the Purchasing Division’s Bids, RFPs and RFQs portion of the City’s website. Important dates (CST) include:
- Monday, October 23 – 8 a.m. RFP available and advertised
- Wednesday, November 15 – 10 a.m. Deadline for vendor questions
- Friday, November 17 – by 2 p.m. City to issue Final Addendum, if applicable
- Wednesday, November 29 – before 2 p.m. Deadline to submit sealed response to City